Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Venting...

English: Portrait by Benjamin D. Maxham (dague...
English: Portrait by Benjamin D. Maxham (daguerreotype), black and white of Henry David Thoreau in June 1856. The writer-collar post a beard and is dressed in a black frock coat, a white shirt and a black bow tie. Français : Portrait par Benjamin D. Maxham (daguerréotype), en noir et blanc de Henry David Thoreau, en juin 1856. L'écrivain poste une barbe-collier et est habillé d'une redingote noire, d'une chemise blanche et d'un noeud papillon noir. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I'm sad to say that the majority of people I have met in central Illinois in the past few years have been nothing but liars, cheaters, freeloaders, ignorant buffoons, users, two-faced, and a general waste of space. Not to mention the bureaucrats here in Central Illinois. I think they actually test people and hire those with the lowest IQ: the laziest, uneducated and most uncaring people, to deal with people suffering through medical problems and bills. I used to make fun of "Minnesota Nice," but now I'd give anything for it. Plus the fact that Minnesota is run like it should be for the most part- maybe the further north you go the more intelligence and compassion you gain? I don't know. I am not at all stereotyping. In fact I am not even counting the people I met in Chicago and the Chicagoland area, who are still my good friends and normal, good people. Down here it's like a completely different planet. I've never been a "people" person and now more than ever I would like to retreat to where Grizzly Adams lived, or Henry David Thoreau. Basic manners, not to mention basic English and grammar, is in short shrift around here. I for one cannot wait to move out of one of the armpits of this country, called Champaign, Illinois.

I also did not intend this blog for me to be writing personal "diary" type stuff, but I just have to say it.  Call me what you want, it's my truth.  And yes, after this I will go back (hopefully) to writing about things that really matter, not my own personal opinion. :) 
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments: